MakeupTips and Trends
I find myself making mental lists all the time, yet I never seem to have any paper handy. This page is now my virtual piece of paper specifically made to hold my favorite mental lists of timeless tips and products. Below are just some of the products that are in my personal and professional kit at all times:
- L’Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Concealer
- Bobbi Brown’s Eye Brightener
- Tarte Cheek Stain
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder
- Nars the Multiple
- Lancome Hypnose Mascara
- Bare Escentuals Bikini Eye shadow
They are always coming out with the next big trend in skincare, which makes it hard to stay loyal to any one particular brand or product. I also find that it is few and far between you find something you truly love enough to keep around no matter what else comes along. These products have stood the test of time for me, and I want to pass them along to you.
- DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream
- Rodan and Fields Unblemish line
- Laboratoire Remede Sweep
Every makeup artist has their own way of enhancing and accentuating different features. We all take a little bit of what we learn and make it our own. Here are some tips I have picked up along the way that have become staples in my makeup and skincare routine.
- In case enough people haven’t told you already, sunscreen is the best thing you can start doing for your skin today. Every makeup routine should begin with a good skincare regimen, because the best foundation is well cared for skin.
- Eyebrows can make a face look younger, older, happy, sad, and every emotion in between. I never leave my house without doing my brows. So if you are running short on time, but still need to look pulled together, focus on your eyebrows and throw on a little gloss and you are instantly ready.
- A little highlighter placed in the corners of your eyes, on the tops of your cheekbones, and on your brow bone can wake you up better than any cup of coffee.
- The best sample you can get from a skincare line is eye cream. Stick those samples in the fridge and on those mornings when your eyes are a little puffy, you have a quick and convenient way to de-puff and moisturize all at the same time.
- When you apply your makeup, try to have a light hand. You can always add more color or more depth to your look, and it is much easier to build color than to try to tone it down.